Posted by Admin on July, 11, 2019
Ashtavinayak which means 8 Ganesha’s in Sanskrit and signifies unity. This tour is a pilgrimage trip to the very old 8 Hindu temples in the state of Maharashtra which is the house of 8 idols which are distinct from Ganesh. The Ashtavinayak mainly covers all the eight holy temples of Ganesh which are all around Pune. The eight temples are very old ones and have their individual history, which is very distinct from each other just the way all murti’s of Ganesh are distinct from each other.
There is also a common belief that to complete the Ashtavinayak yatra; one needs first to book Ashtavinayak yatra tour is such a way that first the individual visits the Ganpati, and then visits all 8 Ganpati’s again.
The 8 Temples Which Come Under the Ashtavinayak Yatra Tour:
There are eight temples or Idols of the Ashtavinayak, in the religious sequence these are:
1. Moreshwar Temple: Located in Morgaon Pune. It is always the first temple to be visited on this Ashtavinayak Yatra Tour from Goa. This is one of the most important temples in this Yatra which everyone does cover.
2. Siddhivinayak Temple: It is one of the very renowned temples of Maharashtra. There is a murti with the trunk which is positioned to the right. A specialty of this temple is that it has been believed that the two saints Shri Morya Gosavi and Shri Narayan Maharaj have been witnessed to receive enlightenment here.
3. Ballaleshwar Temple: It is situated in Pali, Raigad district. The story behind the name of this temple is quite interesting. It has been believed that Lord Ganesh had saved a boy which was a devotee whose name was Ballala and his father was beaten badly by the villagers.
4. Varadavinayak Temple: It is situated in Mahad which is near Khopoli in Raigad district. Varadavinayak is the only temple amongst all the other temples where the devotees who visit the temple are allowed to pay the homepage and shower respect to the idol. The devotees are allowed to perform prayers near the icon.
5. Chintamani Temple: It is situated in The, Pune district. It has been believed that Ganesha was the one who got back the Chintamani jewel, which is extremely precious. Hence, the name Chintamani comes from here.
6. Girijatmaj Temple: It is situated in Lenyadri, in the Pune district. This temple is one of the most beautiful ones with a great location. It has been built in such a way that it has natural lighting during the day, which comes from the Sun Light.
7. Vighneshwar Temple: It is situated in Ozar, Pune district. The pinnacles of this temple are made of pure gold.
8. Mahaganapati Temple: It is situated in Ranjangaon, Pune district. The temple is seated on Lotus which gives it a beautiful appearance.
There are various 1 night / 2 days Ashtavinayak tour packages available and going for this tour is a must at least once in a lifetime for each one of us.
This entry was posted on July, 11, 2019 at 15 : 19 pm and is filed under Ashtavinayak Yatra Tour. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.